Friday, January 20, 2012
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Okay, so I said I'd be posting more often and had honestly intended to do just that. However, our internet went down the day after this post and we JUST got it repaired yesterday. (The internet repair guy pointed out that SOMEONE had run over the satellite pole "several times". I was quite surprised that he even commented on this.. I was absolutely under the conclusion that EVERYONE runs over EXTREMELY LARGE objects while mowing?) HA! At any rate.. I'm VERY HAPPY to be able to play online again.
- God put the man as the head of the home - therefore he does NOT need woman to correct/rebuke/challenge him at every turn. If I disagree with something I can voice it lovingly, but after that it NEEDS to go to GOD in prayer! (After that it becomes nagging - drip, drip, drip!) :o
- My man doesn't need or want me constantly telling him what to do, or how to do it. He is NOT my child, he is my MAN! (mmm-hmmm!) ;)
- I was created to be HIS helper, NOT the other way around!
- I should put into practice what I was taught as a small child: If I don't have something nice to say, I shouldn't say anything at all.
- I should never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER-EVER correct him in public! If we're in public and he's accidentally giving out false information I can and should quietly share the facts. Doing otherwise might lead him to feel disrespected, or cause his friends to feel that way. (I sure wouldn't want him embarrassing me in front of my friends!)
- The respect thing seems to be as much a need for a man as the show of love is to a woman.. I should ALWAYS let my sweet hubs know how much I appreciate and love him!
- This is random, but since I've learned about that whole love & respect thing - all of those commercials where the woman blatantly disrespects her husband DISGUSTS me! It not only dishonors men, but it dishonors our loving GOD! People are watching us!
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Hello, my sweet bloggy friends! I've been saying for a while now (give or take a couple of years) that I was gonna attempt blogging again. I'd actually planned on trying during the holidays. I'd planned on journaling Brent's last Christmas with us, but this was the first year since he left us that I wasn't struggling horribly with everything about Christmas and remembering all of the hard memories that come with it. I mostly just wanted to be happy. I wanted to look forward all of the things that I've always loved about this time of year.. besides, Brent would want us to be happy.
With that said, we did have a very nice Christmas. I struggled some with New Year's Eve, then the next two days that follow, but as always - getting Jan. 2 behind us seemed to put an end to all of the dread for another year. (That's of course NOT to say that we don't miss Brent with every breath - it's just that all of those hard memories start in October and weigh heavy on my heart right up until the day AFTER he got his Heavenly healing) I can't say all of that without saying how VERY THANKFUL we are to KNOW that life doesn't end here - that stepping over into eternity is REALLY where it all begins. We're SO THANKFUL that we KNOW that Brent is with Jesus! (I'm still thinking I may move some of those last posts from Caringbridge over so that I'll be able to find them quickly. Those were the hardest days of our lives, but def the most miraculous and beautiful as well. <3
On to other things.. I realized when I pulled up my blog that I REALLY NEED to update my photos and information on here. Zach is now 14 and Gabe is 11. They both look more like little men now, than the baby-faced pictures that I have posted here. As soon as I have time to play around and see if I can remember how everything works, I'll post new pics. ;)
I have so much to tell you. God has done some MIGHTY things in our lives. My marriage is a kagillion times better than it's ever been. (Yes, I know that kagillion isn't a word, and that if it was a word I probably misspelled it, but that's okay.. I'm weird and totally okay with that) ;) I may attempt a post highlighting all of the beautiful ways that God has brought about these changes. With all of that said -- I'm SOOOO CRAZY about my man, and eternally THANKFUL for him!
Another major change is that I've lost some weight. (Of course you already know that if we're friends on facebook)
At one point I'd lost 65 pounds, but I found a few of them back during the holidays. O:) No, worries, I'm gonna outrun them again soon. Very soon, I hope. The weight-loss thing is yet another answer to prayer. God is faithful!
Well, I think that'll wrap me up for today. I'd really wanted to jump back into blogging and truly had no idea where to start. I think I just followed my ADHD around and posted random things as they came to mind. Sorry if it was hard to follow me. HA! Maybe I'll be a little more organized in the future.
I'll leave you today with a scripture that we've been memorizing this week..
13 You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. ~ Jeremiah 29:13