Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A hard word..

Warning: This post contains a link that will take you to a sermon.. in this sermon, "dating" is discussed and what the Bible has to say about relationships between men and women. You might want to listen to this when your little people aren't in the room.





Hello, Friends...

As I stated yesterday, I've been wanting to share more from my heart. I've held back at times because I always worry about offending someone or perhaps even hurt their feelings. I'd rather be hurt myself a hundred times than to hurt someone else. (I'm dead serious) All of that to say that a friend emailed me a sermon on dating and I thought it was AMAZING. Yes, it's COMPLETELY different from anything we see in our culture today, but it's biblical. Yes, it sounds like something ancient.. time passes, cultures change, but GOD DOESN'T. I can only WISH I'd have heard this when I was a young teen and beginning the dating scene. Oh, I learned pretty quickly what those young guys wanted in a girlfriend... and if you weren't up to what they expected of you.. well, they'd move on to the next girl.

I'm going to provide the link to the site and I've also embedded the sermon in my sidebar. (I'll leave it there a few days) I'd suggest praying and asking GOD to open our hearts BEFORE we listen and then allow HIM to speak to us as we hear. If you'd like to listen, click HERE


Ending with a scripture...

1 Peter 1:16
because it is written, " YOU SHALL BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY."


9 comments:

Pam D said...

Wow, girl. I don't have time right now to listen to the whole thing, but the part where he's talking about what we know and where we learned it (from others just like us.. from the media.. ). Preach it, brother. I am FINALLY beginning to understand that it all goes back to the Word. If someone writes or says something, and it sounds good, it still needs to be held up and examined against God's Word. And if it doesn't match, it's gotta go. It's just so easy to let someone else do the studying for us.. and then to tell us what THEY think it says and means. But what if they get it wrong?
I doubt many people will really listen to this sermon and take it seriously, but I think he's on to something. And if this relates to your recent posts on Facebook, then Tonya, I'm right in there with you. Many regrets, and so much gratitude that I'm forgiven. Washed in the blood. Thank you, Jesus.

April said...

Hi Tonya~
So glad you stopped by today...you've been missed! I know you've had a lot on your plate...so, I completely understand!

My oldest daughter, Brittany, is dating now and I can use all the advice I can get! I'm going to listen to the sermon immediately!!! Thanks so much and I'll look forward to hearing from you, again, soon! Love ya!♥

He & Me + 3 said...

Saving that for my daughters...it will be here before I know it. *sigh* Dating is hard...

Beth E. said...

I'm going to listen to it right now! Thank you, Tonya!

Love you...
Beth

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the link...we have a generation that is literally starved for more of us to share this type of information with them.

Daphine said...

Hey stranger!
Glad you're back! I've missed you! I will definitely check out this sermon. My oldest will be dating soon! Yikes! I'm so not looking forward to that! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Hey Tonya,

I just wanted to stop over and say hello....so sorry that has been so long since I have visited....I was gone over a week ago and I just can't seem to catch up. Hope all is well with you and the family!

I will be back soon:)

Lisa

Marsha said...

Thanks, Tonya for being open and honest. My focus word this week is passion and next week is purity. I will definitely be listening to this later this week.

Unknown said...

Tonya,

As I think you know I teach a teen girl bible study monthly in our home. I teach the very principles of this teaching and our daughter who will be 15 this summer has NO desire to date at all. She is so excited to know God is grooming her husband that He has hand selected for her - she doesn't want to ruin one part of that process. In her mind I have taught she is like a gift - a box with the most amazing wrapping paper on the outside - that gets his attention but what he really is waiting to open no one else gets to see but him - her heart is all for him - her mind, body and soul are for him too. If she keeps giving that away before she meets him - what is left when it is his day to open on their wedding day what it will be like - is a rotten apple, half eaten and smelly. When I shared this with her and the teen girls I cried and cried and cried...because like you I didn't know and was never told to wait or God's feelings on dating. I want to cover every teen girl so deeply in His love and truth that the gift they can offer to their husband is the sweet aroma of Christ!

AWESOME POST!

I'm going to do something just like this today for my Fearfully Fabulous Friday! Yeah God because I didn't know what to post today and stopped to say thanks for visiting - miss you too!

Love,
Jill