I wanted to start this post by "coming clean" about the RipStik. I didn't think about the way I worded the title of the last post until much later... SOOOOO... just to make certain that I didn't mislead anyone... I DO NOT "ripstik". HA!! I TRIED it ONCE and just as I was about to fall over, I screamed out, "CATCH ME, GABE!" If you could've only seen the LOOK on his face! (hehehee) He squinted his eyes and threw out his arms as if he really were going to ATTEMPT blocking my fall. HA!!! (It was too cute!) Nope, I'm MUCH TOO CLUMSY for all that. ☺
On another note.. I thought I'd share some "redneck humor" with you. (It's an email from my Mom - I thought it was funny)
You know you're a redneck when......
1. You missed your 5th grade graduation because you were on jury duty.
2. You can entertain yourself for more than 15 minutes with a fly swatter.
3. Your boat has not left the driveway in 15 years.
4. You burn your yard rather than mow it.
6. The Salvation Army declines your furniture. (Oh, there WAS a time... HA!!! You should've seen our first couch.. I think it actually CAME from there.. they sure wouldn't have taken it BACK!!)
7. You offer to give someone the shirt off your back and they don't want it.
8. You have the local taxidermist on speed dial. (UMMMMMMM)
9. You come back from the dump with more than you took.
10. You keep a can of Raid on the kitchen table.
11. Your wife can climb a tree faster than your cat. (I don't have a wife, but my ZACH sure CAN!) ☺
12. Your grandmother has 'ammo' on her Christmas list. (My Great-Gramma used to DIP snuff, does THAT count?? Heehee)
13. You keep flea and tick soap in the shower. (That could SOOOO HAPPEN)
14. You've been involved in a custody fight over a hunting dog. (Yep, this could too.. HA!!)
15. You go to the stock car races and don't need a program.
16. You know how many bales of hay your car will hold. (I don't know about hay, but I DO know how many "ears of corn" it will hold)
17. You have a rag for a gas cap. (We once owned a truck we had to "hot-wire" just to crank, THAT count?)
18. Your house doesn't have curtains, but your truck does.
19. You consider your license plate personalized because your father made it.
20. Your lifetime goal is to own a fireworks stand.
21. You have a complete set of salad bowls and they all say 'Cool Whip' on the side. (I'm sorta guilty with that one.. I DO have a "set" of Cool Whip bowls, but I consider mine more of a "portable Tupperware" that I don't mind not getting back.. HA!!)
22. The biggest city you've ever been to is Wal-Mart.
22. Your working TV sits on top of your non-working TV.
23. You've used your ironing board as a buffet table.
I got a kick out of those.. mostly because I could identify with MANY of them. Hey, I'm a redneck and PROUD of it! ☺ No worries here! (I mean, seriously, when the most exciting thing happening at our house is bottle-feeding a calf... well, you get my drift)
There've been a lot of ideas floating around in my head about future posts. I really want to do one on holiness. (Recently watched the movie, 'Time Changer' and have been HEAVILY convicted about how numb I've become to many things) If you've not seen it, it's a MUST SEE!
All of that to say that I hope to do a more serious post in the next day or two. I'm still finding it a bit hard to balance school with the boys, keeping a tidy house, and all the other chores and tasks that fill our days. I've found myself sharing easier topics like humor and videos because those can be done pretty quickly. (I MISS you guys when I don't post and visit YOU regularly) ☺
I suppose that's enough rambling, eh? I'll "talk" with you soon... ☺
Monday, February 23, 2009