Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thankful Thursday - Thanksgiving Edition

Ephesians 5:20
always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.


HAPPY THANKSGIVING, Everyone!

What a neat way to celebrate, we have "Thankful Thursday" and THANKSGIVING both in ONE! It's always hard for me to write about what I'm thankful for because I'm SO THANKFUL for so many things. God has blessed me with a loving family, great friends, freedom to live and worship in the MOST AMAZING country on the PLANET... then of course the MOST important thing of all is our SAVIOUR! I'm thankful for my salvation, and that of my husband and children. All THREE of our boys have (had) accepted JESUS as LORD of their life. THAT'S been my NUMBER 1 PRAYER since we were blessed with our first son, Brent.

Last night we shared what we were thankful for at our Bible study. I couldn't say this then without "breaking down" and probably can't now. KNOWING that our children are ALL "right with GOD," the thing I'm MOST THANKFUL for is the PROMISE of an eternity! I'm SO VERY GRATEFUL that JESUS paid the way for us to not only be with HIM in HEAVEN (and THAT is ENOUGH) but the Bible also says that we'll be reunited with our loved ones. The secular world would lead us to believe that when our loved ones die that is the end. They teach that we will NEVER see them again. We KNOW that this is NOT true! Because of CHRIST, what we know as DEATH is REALLY the BEGINNING of LIFE! My mind can hardly grasp what our sweet Brent has seen, and felt and heard. I just CANNOT wait to see his sweet face again!

Now, I also want to say that I'm thankful for YOU! GOD has used so many ways (including the internet) to bless me with some AMAZING friendships. My heart OVERFLOWS with JOY & LOVE when I think of all of the Titus 2 ladies HE'S brought into my life. (Philippians 1:3 I thank my God every time I remember you) Okay, I could go ON and ON and ON... but I won't. Hehe... I know that today will be a very busy day for each of you. Remember to COUNT your blessings!

I pray that you all have an AMAZING day of THANKSGIVING!




8 comments:

Andrea said...

I read your story about Brent...and i can't even imagine what you have gone through...but look at you...you can thank God anyways - very inspiring to me!

Lisa B @ simply His said...

I'm new here too and read about Brent. How heart wrenching! But you have such grace and faith in our God and that's awesome!

Thanks for sharing your Thankful Thursday with us. I'm glad I clicked through to meet you.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Lisa B.

Amy S. said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Tonya!
I hope you enjoy the day with your family.

Love and Hugs..

Anonymous said...

Oh Tonya,

I think this may be my first visit with you. I just finished reading the story of your son in the sidebar. Oh, my sweet sister. Thank you for your strength and your faith shouts to me in my weaknesses. Go bless you this day. Love and hugs, Lynn

Susan said...

Hey Tonya,

Just getting in from a long day. I wanted to end it by Thanking God once again for YOU!

I pray you day got better as it went on.

Yes, God's amazing GRACE continually carries us.

I've missed you this week.

Great post...as always, you continue to bless and encourage others with your great testimony of HOPE and love for Jesus.

Keep holding on to Him,

Susan

Anonymous said...

Getting ready to go to bed on our last night in Disney! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Your post brought tears to my eyes, but you know to HOLD on to your HOPE~Jesus.
Today, I am also thankful that God allowed our paths to cross. Mrs. Susan just loves you to death, and I hope to meet you one day myself.
I hope you had a good Thanksgiving!
Love, Kristin Amato

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

Tonya
God is using you as an inspiration. May your faith bring many to Jesus
Tonni
(whose given name is also Tonya)

Lori said...

I enjoyed reading your thankful list, you are such an inspiration. When all three of my kids accepted Christ it was a huge blessing in my life also!

Happy Be-lated Thanksgiving. Sorry it took me so long to get around, I have been sick all week.

Blessings.