Saturday, March 1, 2008

~HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LINK~



I'm signing on this morning to wish my sweet hubby a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

The boys made homemade birthday cards for him and have planned out a menu for his special day. Inside Gabe's card, "Happy Birthday, I love you ,You're my BEST FRIEND." Zach's card was also sweet. He always decorates with crosses. He even made his dad 3 crosses out of wooden sticks. Our Zach has watched one too many of those, "Myth Busters" shows.... he now LOVES to blow things up. I said all of that to say that he made Link a paper airplane and somehow stuck a little firecracker inside it. Link chuckled when he saw it and said, "Zach, I'd know YOU made that if I saw it ANYWHERE!" My guys... they're SO FUNNY!

Yes, I'm BLESSED INDEED! Not only does Link love me unconditionally, he's also a TERRIFIC Daddy. He gives the boys his undivided attention... and takes every opportunity to train them up in the way they should go...

Proverbs 22:6
Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.


He also takes advantage of each "teachable moment" and instructs them in GOD'S WORD...

Deuteronomy 6:4-9
4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. 5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.




Yes, we are BLESSED beyond measure... HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LINK, we LOVE You!!

5 comments:

Amy S. said...

Happy Happy Birthday to Link!
Such handsome men in your life...

love and Hugs.

Susan said...

Hey Tonya,

Oh what a an awesome tribute to YOUR MAN!!

You are so blessed, and I know HE IS BLESSED too!

You both love and serve God with all your heart, and are raising Godly young men.

Love the picture, Brent looks so cute.

Love you girlfriend.

Let us know how the day went!

Blessings~

PS I was gone last night and when I came in, Jordan was so excited to tell me you guys were tex-ing. How cute! (I'm jealous, OK, OK, I'm going to get a new phone, soon!)

Reba said...

Happy birthday, Link! What fun cards you received. :) I hope you felt some birthday hugs from heaven too.
Reba

Kelley said...

I hope you all had a wonderful time celebrating your husband's birthday. You have a beautiful family and it is such an inspiration to read about the love you all share! Have a blessed Sunday!

~~Kelley

Faithful Froggers said...

Happy Birthday, Link!

I hope you all had a wonderful day. I just loved the picture of Link and the boys. I never realized how much Brent looks like his Daddy!

Many blessings to all of you!
Love & FROG,
Heather