I just love this graphic and scripture! Look closely at those "aged" hands. I'm sure they belong to a man, but they still remind me of my grandmother's. I know I've seen them clasped so many times in prayer.
For more on this "Word-Filled Wednesday" check out "The 160 Acre Woods."
Now, I need to pass out/return some special awards that were given to me.
I'd like to thank my friends e-Mom and Kim for the Very Sweet Friendship Award they've given me. Guys, I'm SO SLOW at this and am honestly still learning the ropes around here. My best gal Susan awarded with with the one just below a while back... (Thank You, Susan - I'm sorry I never formally acknowledged it)
Yes, I admit it... I'm a goofball! So, since I'm just terrible at catching on and making decisions I'll just pass the friendship award on to all of my new blogging friends. (Yes, I realize that's cheating, but hey, I'm afraid I'll leave someone out) If you're here today then consider yourself AWARDED! THANK YOU all for being so kind and extending your hearts and friendship to me!
Now, before I could get this posted I found that my new friend Sarah has "tagged" me for another game (meme?) not sure what it's formally called. Once again I'll "cheat" and invite anyone reading to play along. O=-) SO, here are the rules....
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
7 Facts about myself in random order... Oh, and I'm going to try to share things that you might not know about me.
1. I LOVE spending time with my little family - my hubby and our 3 boys mean THE WORLD to me! (Okay, that's a GIVEN)
2. Soon I'm going to be an "Auntie" again! (WOO-HOO!)
3. (Weird fact?) I have a REALLY WEIRD sense of humor. I LOVE to laugh and find humor in almost EVERYTHING! (Did you see the flame trowing commercial I posted on my blog party? Enough said. LOL!)
4. I'm afraid of flying. Yes, I went to Vermont and back, but my sweet Brent was "calming me" all the way! (He'd say, "It's okay, I'm here, Mama")
5. I've learned to like football, westerns, hunting and fishing... but golf STILL BORES me to TEARS. (Thankfully it's NOT on my hubby's "things to do" list)
6. I do NOT like bugs... I'm HORRIFIED of almost ALL of them! ICK! (I'm shivering just thinking about it) Don't like snakes either!
7. I'm also squimish in high places.
Thanks, Sarah for thinking of me! =-)
WHOOPS! Before I forget... I wanted to share something from my post yesterday.
I wanted to share an idea for a new meme. I'm thinking of calling it "Soapbox Sunday." It'll be a time when we can pull out those trusty ole soapboxes and share what's on our hearts. (You know, kind of living out Titus 2?) I've really enjoyed the "memes" and have noticed there's not a lot to do on Sunday. (At least not that I've found) This theme can be made as quick and easy as you'd like, or as long and informative as you wanna make it. Let me know what you think? Check back on Sunday and leave a comment if you want to participate. We can hop to each other's blogs via the comment section. If it takes off I'll see about getting a "Mr. Linky." If not.. we'll, I babble all week long to myself.. one more day sure won't break me. LOL!!