Thursday, March 20, 2008

~Thankful Thursday~





This was a really easy post for me. Sometimes it's a little difficult because I don't do well making decisions - ESPECIALLY when there's so much to choose from. Well, with TODAY being set aside as "Thankful Thursday" and Easter Sunday quickly approaching... I'm posting on my JESUS!





Of all the people and things I love and hold dear... I can HONESTLY say there is NOTHING I LOVE MORE than HIM. HE loved us enough to live and die for us. I would GLADLY give up my life for my children - but for a hardened criminal that beats his wife and children. NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT! (Sorry, just being honest here) JESUS did that very thing. He died for us when we were still marred with sin. HE didn't ask us to go and get straightened out then come back... HE took us just as we were when we accepted HIM.

I know my life and all the ways I've hurt HIM. I'm sure there are many times that I'm not even aware of. Yet HE loves me still.

I'm especially thankful that HE provided us an eternity with no sickness, no death, no pain. There will be no rejection - just LOVE EVERLASTING! (I'm also INCREDIBLY THANKFUL that we'll be reunited with our loved ones)

So before I sign off I'd like to share a video with a powerful message. If any here today do not know JESUS, I PRAY this will touch your heart and you will find HIM.









For more posts on this "Thankful Thursday" check out Sting My Heart.





Once again, I'll end reminding everyone that I want to try a new meme this Sunday. (I'm thinking of calling it "Soapbox Sunday") God calls us to be Titus 2 Women, right? Well, this will give each of us a chance to get on our trusty little boxes and encourage each other with whatever GOD has placed on our hearts. As I mentioned in previous posts... we'll experiment for the first week or two and see if it catches on. Simply sign the guestbook and we'll "blog hop" around finding pearls of wisdom as we go. If it does catch on, I'll have a Mr. Linky done and make our travels easier. Okay.. hope to see you Sunday! (Oh, for the sake of time on Sunday morning I'll probably post mine sometime Saturday night - feel free to start early as well)



post signature

15 comments:

Susan said...

Hey Tonya,

This was GREAT! I loved your video, that song is one of my favorites.

Once again you have blessed us and pointed us strait to JESUS.

Your love for Him is so evident in all you do and say.

Blessings to you my precious friend.

Happy TT to you♥

I'll be back!

Stephanie said...

Hey Woman,
I wholeheartedly agree with your post! I love Jesus, too, and know that I hurt him many times over. But he still loves all of us and that is so unlike the rest of the world.

I went public with the blog, so thank-you for your encouragement. I even blogged about the same topic and added the button to my site. I have a question, though! What does it mean to add myself to Mr. Linky? Are you laughing at my newbie question yet????

Love you!
Stephanie

Toknowhim said...

I absolutely love that song from the video.. Feel free to grab that little video of the little lady, and do not worry about linking back to me. I grabbed it from another blog :)

Your Thankful List was beautiful. I don't really know you from Adam (or we can say Eve), but something special radiates from your words :)

Again, come back Friday if you get a chance to do my meme. I still have not figured out the Mr Linky thing :) Blessings!!

Anonymous said...

This is a great post! Can't wait to read what you write on Sunday! You're really getting the hang of this now!

lori said...

What a wonderful post!! You are SOO right, HE is the one who LOVES us ALWAYS...good, bad and ugly....

Your heart is just so clear in your posts...

Walking the walk with you....
hugs,
lori

I'm going to try and "join" Sunday...if my memory doesn't fail me!!:):):) it's been known to do that!!

Cheryl said...

Your post was great! I'm adding you to my favorite's list. Hope you have a Happy Easter. (Hope to be back here Sunday) God Bless~

Tea with Tiffany said...

Hi Tonya,

First time visitor here. But just love Susan. And now I find you and read your son's story. I am so sorry about your loss. My brother is a childhood cancer survivor.

I hope to visit again. Enjoyed your video.

Happy Easter.
He is risen.

Jenileigh said...

How true!!! This was powerful! God Bless you and Happy TT!

Denise said...

Bless you sweet one, the video was awesome.

Lakeville Vertical said...

Tonya-You are so wonderful. I love reading your posts and always come away with a truth about our Lord and Saviour that I didn't know before. Thank you for your honesty and your heart. It's beautiful!

Susannah said...

Have a blessed Easter weekend, Tonya! :~D

Aunt Angie said...

Your whole blog is an awesome showing of Christ Jesus and what He is IN YOUR LIFE! That is what it is all about...and sharing Christ through adversities in life. God bless you on this most special of all weekends.

Kelley said...

Hi Tonya,
I can't begin to thank you for your prayers and encouragement. You have truly shown me the love of Jesus. The song and video you posted are beautiful. That song really sums it all up! I don't know how people get through a day without Jesus and the hope He brings. I am just holding on to Him right now! Thanks again for being a warrior in prayer on my family's behalf!

Love, Kelley

Stephanie said...

Hey Tonya,
Thanks for all of your help and advice with the Mr. Linky thing. We will see if I caught on or if I am still a slow pupil. I appreciate the time you took to get me up and running!

You are amazing and special!
Love,
Stephanie

eph2810 said...

What a wonderful video. I love the photos that have been added to it. Yes - what if I am wrong? I don't think I am...

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us.

Blessings to you and yours...He is Risen!

BTW - love your new blog design - especially the beautiful header.