This "FFF" Sarah chose "Siblings" as her theme for posting. Of course I jumped right in on that one because I LOVE pictures of our boys TOGETHER. I'm not sure if I've used this pic here before or not? It's one of my favorites!
This one is obviously a bit older... our 3 boys and my dad. (They call him Butterball - don't worry, he's a trucker.. that's his "cb handle" LOL!)
For more "FFF" posts visit Sarah at Kiss The Frog 4 Me.
Now, before I sign off... My friend Kelley "tagged" me for a game over at her blog Aroma of Joy. I'm supposed to share 7 random facts about myself.... HHMMMMMMMMMMM... what to say?? LOL!
1. I'm not sure WHEN my salvation experience happened. I remember as a young girl my cousin came up and asked me during church if I wanted to be saved. (My grandmother told her that I'd been asking questions) I went down and prayed the sinner's prayer. There were several instances where I doubted my salvation and "went down" again. I've come to realize that what I was missing was a RELATIONSHIP with my LORD. How can we come to know and LOVE someone if we never spend any time with them? Yes, I admit it... I wasn't in the WORD or praying back then.
2. I've been married to my hubby for almost 16 years. I wanted babies almost immediately. (He didn't care - he was up for whatever I wanted) After almost 2 years of "trying" we were finally expecting our first baby. Lincoln Brent Nason was born on October 28, 1995. This boy fell IN LOVE with JESUS from the time he started talking. He was telling his little brothers and friends (while he himself was only 3-4 years old that they needed JESUS). We had our second boy on October 14, 1997. (Zachary David Nason) He was our little monkey. This one could, and still can climb a straight wall... LOL! When we were expecting our 3rd child, I carried my little niece with me to hear the baby's heartbeat. They couldn't find one. We learned that day that our baby had been dead for 3 weeks - I had a "DNC." (I never showed any signs of miscarriage.. I only found out the day of that doctor's appointment) Then, our 4th baby - Gabriel Reed Nason was born on
October... SORRY! That's December 21, 2000. (I just reread my post and saw my mistake.. sorry) Link chose the name "Gabriel." When he suggested it I looked up the meaning. It is "God is my strength." From that moment we KNEW this would be his name. Gabe is our little charmer. He's SOOO MUCH like Brent that it's CRAZY! We're SO THANKFUL for this!
3. I was voted homecoming queen my senior year in high school. I LOVED the experience, but wouldn't turn back the clock for anything.
4. I have one sibling. Her name is Kerry... she's been my BEST FRIEND my whole life. (Only I didn't know it as kids because.... well, she WAS my sister after all) It wasn't until we were both married and living separate lives that I realized what a TRUE friend I had in her. I'm SO THANKFUL that we live so close to each other.
5. I'm a bit of a hermit! I LOVE to be hanging out at HOME with my boys!
6. One of the dumbest things I've ever done?? I knew these girls that were twins. (Dana & Meredith) When telling Dana that our son's birthday was Oct. 14 she said, "Well, that's neat, mine is too." SOOOO... what do I do???? I call their home on their birthday and Meredith answers. She told me Dana was in the shower. I said, "I just called to wish her a happy birthday." (Never once even thinking that this was her TWIN that I was talking to) The very next year I was in the process of making the EXACT SAME mistake only to realize what I was was doing. I shouted, "OH NO!!!!!!! YOU'RE TWINS!!!!!!) Yeah, they got a big kick out of me. (I'm REALLY DITZY!)
7. I'm one of those who gets "star-struck" when in the midst of celebrities. We heard that Steven Segal's daughter was a St. Jude patient. We actually saw him there several times. (Which amused me TREMENDOUSLY) Don't worry, I never approached him. I knew he didn't wanna be there any more than we did. However, I TOTALLY STALKED Shane Battier (Memphis Grizzly player) and asked him for a picture. (Yes, there are A LOT of celebs that go through St. Jude every year just to meet and mingle with the kids) I once tried to get Brent to let me get his picture with the gentleman that does the Allstate commercials... he was like, "Mom, I'm TIRED of having my picture made with famous people) He was SO NOT AMUSED! (It was TOO CUTE)
Okay.. that was a bit long, but I was trying to think of things you might not know about me (or us).
For anyone else that would like to play along... here are the rules:
1) Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog
2) Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3) Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4) Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.