Oh, this is a BEAUTIFUL quote that my friend Susan chose for today. It does seem that the more I know about GOD, the more I find how much more there is to learn. We sometimes try to put HIM in this nice little box and if HE works outside those "lines" well, we don't know what to do with HIM. That's how it was for me when we lost Brent.
See, we'd been told that if we "believed" enough and didn't doubt that Brent would be healed. Well, when he wasn't I blamed myself and began to question everything I've ever been told about GOD. (Which wasn't necessarily a bad thing) I've dug so much deeper in HIS WORD, and I looked at things from a new perspective. I NO LONGER trust every little thing that someone else tells me about GOD. I "test" it against the WORD.
The more I've questioned, the more answers I've found - the MORE I want to know.
One thing I've learned is about witnessing. I've always been afraid to share the gospel because I thought I wasn't "trained" enough in the WORD. I've learned that there is no formula.
- All I have to do is tell others what JESUS has done for me.
- I need to share that HE is my EVERYTHING - that I can't go on without HIM
- I should share how HE died for my sins and yours..
- I should also share that JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY. There is NO OTHER NAME under HEAVEN. (Acts 4:12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other Name under Heaven given to men by which we must be saved.")
- The Bible says we should believe and confess. (Romans 10:8-10 But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.)
THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY to get to HEAVEN but there are MANY ways to share the gospel. There are MANY ways to reach others. You don't HAVE to "take them to church" with you to lead others to Christ. If we follow our LORD'S example we would meet people where they are. (In the grocery store, at McDonald's, as we work along side them)
YES, our GOD is WAY TOO BIG for our little human minds to wrap around! We may not always understand HIS ways, but we can take comfort in knowing that HIS WAY IS BEST.
Until the return of CHRIST, we should be BUSY LIVING OUR LIVES as though JESUS HIMSELF is walking beside us EVERY MOMENT, EVERY STEP OF THE WAY... because HE IS.
For more posts on this "Tuesday's In Other Word's" stop by Susan's at Forever His.