Monday, October 27, 2008

Not Me!, Monday

Hello, Friends...

It's time for another...






That's right, this is a time that's set aside just so that we can tell all. Well, maybe - or maybe NOT! ;-)


As for me, and what I didn't do this past week...

I didn't pre-schedule my "Not Me!" Monday post, only to forget to come back and sign the "Mr. Linky" on MckMama's blog BEFORE we left for our vacation! I mean, I KNEW we were about to go out of town and all.. I remembered to type up and schedule the post.. I surely wouldn't forget to "link" back, now would I?? No, that'd be just silly.

While we were on "said vacation" I didn't get down in the creek WITH the kids and try to take advantage of a "teachable moment" only to prove what a DINGBAT, I REALLY AM!



(That's me in the picture, the skinny blond... HA!!!!!!!! Oh, that's SO NOT TRUE! That's my niece, Ashley) Hehehe... That was a FOR REAL, NOT ME! kind of fib, I mean, joke! (I wasn't in this photo, obviously.. anyway, back to the story...LOL!)

I mean, who would try to tell their children that, "It's in creeks just like these that people go and pan for gold"? Then, this same unnamed person wouldn't freak out because while she's holding a bunch of tiny little rocks from the creek bed she spots something shiny just beneath them in her hand!




That "something shiny" wouldn't be my, I mean, her wedding band, "shining THROUGH" those rocks! I mean, even I couldn't accidentally fool myself, now could I?? (We won't mention the earlier post where I talked about accidentally "greeting" mannequins and even myself when I walked past a mirror in town)

Nope, not me! I'm way too savvy for all that!


Okay, so I AM a ditzo, and I DO a LOT of really CRAZY things all week long. However, to preserve SOME of my dignity.. I'll stop here. (At least for THIS week)


Now, on a different note.. we will try to honor/remember our PRECIOUS Brent's birthday by celebrating his life with a giveaway. (Because he was never more happy than when he was giving something to someone)

His 13th birthday would've been on Tuesday, October 28. I'll announce then the winner of the prize package sometime Tuesday morning. (For more info click HERE, or the gift/logo below)




[Click here to find out more]




All you have to do to enter is leave a comment and your email address. (If you don't want to leave your email, then make SURE you check back Tuesday to see if you've won)


Thanks so much for stopping by, and for celebrating Brent's AMAZING life with us!


25 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

I love teachable moments, and I have never forgotten to link back to a meme either.

A Stone Gatherer said...

You sound blonde! I would have done the same thing! I'll be thinking about you tomorrow!

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

Oh that's too funny!! I would do something like that too!!

Davisix said...

Girl, you are cracking me up!!! Hope you don't mind I blogged about Brent this morning. Just want to spread the word so that many will PIF in honor of him. :) Ang

Melanie said...

Oh, Tonya... the "Not Me!" posts just crack me up! I could fill a page with a post for this meme... hmmm, maybe I'll just have to join in sometime soon. :)

Have a great Monday, my friend!

Shanan Strange said...

Found you on MckMama's website and wanted to check out your Not Me's! They're great.

heidi said...

Ugh - I hate when teachable moments turn out to be opportunities to shove my foot in my mouth. LOL

Happy Heavenly Birthday to Brent.

Us said...

LOL! Hilarious Not Me's!!! I found your blog through my friend Ang!

I read Brent's story..what an amazing young man! Truly an inspiration to others! It brought tears to my eyes....He's feelin' good now Mom! You have a beautiful family!

Stacy said...

I'm not blonde but I do have those moments like walking into a glass door with a plate full of food. And did I forget to mention that my hubby's whole family was watching!!

Jennifer said...

You always make me smile! I love all of your posts!! Have a great Monday!!

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

I noticed you twitter - I have a work phone that gets internet and I actually check my blog from my phone - I don't know that I would be able to twitter from that phone - that's probably a good thing.

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Oh my goodness. Just checking your site to read your Not-Me's today and came across the amazing story about your son. Completely left me in tears. Thank you for allowing others to get a glimpse into his wonderful life and the life of your family.

Brittany..Following my Bliss said...

Wow, small world! I followed Brent's story and was shocked when I clicked on the blog link from McMammas blog and saw that I recongnized you!
I hope you have a peaceful Tuesday celebrating Brent's life and remembering all your fond memories of your boy!

Daphine said...

Girl, you crack me up!!! I just love reading your blog! It truly brightens my day!

Enjoy your afternoon!

iheartbowheads.blogspot.com said...

Amazing blog and amazing story! I am a follower now.

:)

Holly

Ashley said...

I never have any blonde moments... not me!! :)

Lakeville Vertical said...

Thinking of you today as Brent's birthday approaches. I hope it is peaceful for you and filled with only wonderful memories of your sweet boy.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Tonya,
I will be thinking of your precious family and your wonderful son tomorrow. Oh...can you imagine the celebration he will be experiencing? Well...I guess is experiencing at this very moment, b/c I am sure there is always a celebration when you are staring at the face of Jesus. I get chills when I think about it!
I know this is also anther very hard day for you guys, and you will be heavily in my prayers.
Love ya, Kristin

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for your family tomorrow. Thanks to you and Angie for the awareness of miscarriages. We lost a baby in the spring. I would have been due the 16th. There are many people around us having new babies and one at church especially is my favorite. He is 5 months and just a snuggler. Every Sunday his family sits in front of us and he laughs at me. When church is over I'll hold out my hands and he comes to me with hugs and kisses. I love it but it brings tears to my eyes every time!

Bethany from PA

Beth E. said...

Hahahahahahaha! I loved the one about your wedding band! Gotta love those teachable moments. Girl, are you sure I'm not rubbing off on you?!! :o)

Mama Kautz said...

I will be sure to do a RAK in honor of Brent

Susan said...

You are sooooooooooooooo funny girlfriend!!!

LOVE YOU!!!

PS I'll be celebrating Brent's Birthday tomorrow, come on by♥

3 Peanuts said...

What a great way to celebrate life.

Kim

Michelle R Photography said...

Hi Tonya,
I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you today. I think there are a lot of people out there that are going to do something special for Brent today.

Special K said...

stumbled here through a couple of pages...

I LOVE your sense of humor and even more your zeal for the Lord...

Happy Birthday to your precious son Brent...Praise the Lord we know he's in a better place...where there is NO more sickness or pain! Your family is beautiful!

I would love to be your 'follower' You have blessed me so much already!

Have a wonderful day!

K

http://hisspecialk.blogspot.com/