Wednesday, October 29, 2008

THANK YOU!

Hello, Friends!

I wanted to stop in and say THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH for all the support on Brent's birthday. I mean, you guys SERIOUSLY BLEW US AWAY! Saying, "Thank You," seems too little. I honestly don't know how to express our gratitude.

It seems that when someone loses a child - one of their greatest fears is that they would be forgotten. I mean, as a parent, our children almost become "everything" to us. (Now OBVIOUSLY we should put GOD first, and hopefully our spouse second.. you know what I mean)

Anyway, when someone so precious "moves on" to HEAVEN, people around the parents sometimes don't know how to deal with them. (I know I sure didn't)

I guess what I'm trying to say is that as a parent who's child is now in HEAVEN, I realize that I do NEED to talk about him. I NEED my friends and family to talk about him with me. He's NOT GONE - he's just away.

I hear that one of the major concerns in these situations is the fear that the child's life won't be remembered. Now, I know that's not the case, and I know it's awkward when we don't know how to respond to someone that's hurting. For me - just to hear someone else say his name.. to hear them talk about him.. well, it's a blessing.

YOUR TREMENDOUS SHOW of support TRULY MEANT THE WORLD to us! It was SO AMAZING that so many of you took the time to learn a little about him. (Some of our new friends have even read some of the history on his caringbridge site) This show of LOVE & SUPPORT was AMAZING.... thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU!


Oh yeah, I wanted to tell the winners of our giveaway that I got your packages in the mail today. I actually spent the morning yesterday baking the bread. I was so EAGER to make everything JUST PERFECT. Unlike how I'd normally do it, I actually followed the directions for the bread to the "T" making it not taste like what we're used to.

See, I'd ALWAYS use the whole can of sweet potatoes (Which probably amounts to 2 and 1/4 cups instead of 2) I also would normally use a little extra oil. (About 1/4 cup MORE than the recipe called for) I don't know WHY I'm always compelled to give WAAAAAYY TOO MUCH INFO??? (Sorry.) O:-)

All of that to say that the bread just DIDN'T taste right. SOOOOO... I baked some more TODAY! It was shipped out UPS this afternoon and should be at your doorsteps by Friday afternoon. I hope you enjoy your packages! It sure was therapeutic for me to be busy doing something for you in Brent's memory & honor.

Thanks again for your LOVE, SUPPORT, AND PRAYERS!!


WHOOPS - I wanted to acknowledge the ladies that posted about our "Giveaway in Memory & Celebration of Brent." (There may have been more of you, If so, I apologize for not listing you.. I'm just sharing the ones I know of)

If you want, go by and read what sweet things these ladies had to say about our PRECIOUS boy...

Susan

Amie

Pam

Michelle

Ang

13 comments:

Ashley said...

i am so glad that it helps to talk about your sweet boy. it is just a testimony to the Lord everytime you share. thanks for letting us be a part of your life and thanks for giving those of us that didn't have a chance to know him while he was here have a chance to know him now...

Beth E. said...

Tonya,
You sound so much like me...making/baking that bread again! hehe I'm sure the first batch tasted wonderful. Oh, well...you'll have plenty for those boys of yours!

Brent's birthday was such a blessed day for me. I thought about him, you, Link, and the boys all day long...I prayed for you...praised God for giving your family peace and comfort in the midst of your grief. I know it's still difficult and you will always miss Brent greatly...what I admire is your ability to press on. You do it with such grace and such joy!

Thanks for being such a great inspiration. :o)

Love you...

Susan said...

Hey Tonya,

Well, this is one thing you'll never have to worry about.

ANYONE who ever read about Brent, or had the "HONOR" of meeting and getting to know him, will never, EVER forget what a special child he was.

I've personally never witnessed such a passion for Christ, such a generous and tender spirit, EVER.

Brent had a mission, and was sent by GOD to fulfill it. And yes, he is just away, away with HIS FATHER.

I can hardly wait to see him again!!

You are so sweet to bake this bread, what tender heart you have Tonya. I'm so blessed to know you and call you my friend.

Hugs.................

Daphine said...

You have such a way with words Tonya. Another beautiful post! I truly look forward to reading your blog!

Thanks for allowing God to use you and your family to bless us!

Blessings to you friend!

Lynn said...

Will always remember Brent! Don't know if you remember but one of my daughters gave me a "Brent Blizzard" Chevron car...Am looking at it right now and every time I see it I think of your precious son.......

April said...

I know how it feels to want to talk about someone you've lost. My mom, dad and brother all passed away in a span of 6 short years and it has helped me immensely to talk about them A LOT.

Sending blessings to you today!

Lori said...

Tonya - Brent will never be forgotten! I just shared a story from his Caringbridge site the other day. I was sharing with a friend about how Brent would be singing along to Casting Crowns in the backseat - your family got me hooked on Casting Crowns! :) I am so sure that that precious boy has such a special place in Heaven - Gob Bless you all thru this week!

Us said...

I'm still in awe over the amount of Christian moms that I have met through blogging! You seem like an amazing person and I'm happy that it helped you to talk about Brent. Like Ashley said, thank you for sharing your story with us and I'm sorry we didn't get the chance to meet him. The silver lining in this, is that you will see him again someday! And isn't it so cool that you know and believe in Jesus and that we can say that?! I love it! You are an inspiration...

Davisix said...

Oh Tonya, my eyes are all welled up. You are such an inspiration. Your strength and faith so moves me. Please don't thank me for celebrating Brent's birthday. I am honored to have met you and only wish I could have known him. Some day! LOVE YOU!! Ang

April said...

Hi Tonya,

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today! I am really enjoying reading yours!

You asked what happened with my family? Well, in 2000, my mom (aka best friend) died at the age of 68 from breast cancer treatment. She caught her cancer very early on and had been given her an excellent prognosis. However, when she was given the chemo drug,Taxol, she ended up in the hospital for 21 days where she died.

In 2002, my 47 year old brother was diagnosed with terminal stomach cancer. He had his entire stomach removed and all of his lymph nodes were found to have cancer in them. He passed away 8 months later.

Then, in 2006, my dad suffered a major stroke and passed away. He, too, had been diagnosed with cancer (prostate, bladder, and skin). He only underwent surgery and never had to have any chemo or radiation.

So, as you can see, I've been deeply touched by cancer and the loss of those I love dearly. I've been told there is nothing like losing a child...my dad could surely have attested to that! My heart goes out to you, but I am so encouraged by your strength and faith.

Hope you'll drop by for a visit, again, soon!! Have a blessed day!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Tonya,

You are so loved! Your posts are always from your heart...I love that about you. We are all blessed to have such a wonderful group of Christian Moms out there in blogging world. I am honored to be part of such a loving, caring & encouraging group of women. God bless you!
Mimi

a said...

I guess I will just have to put in an ORDER for some fresh baked bread! It sounds great!

Have a blessed weekend!

crispy said...

I am so glad that you were "feeling the love". Love you and we are supporting you.

Cris