Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays

For this "TMTT" post I'm sharing another Paula Deen recipe. Wouldn't you just LOVE to eat at this lady's house EVERY night??? I KNOW I would!


Grandmother Paul's Sour Cream Pound Cake


Ingredients:
1/2 lb (2 sticks) butter
3 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
6 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

In a large mixing bowl, combine and cream the butter, sugar, and add the sour cream. Sift the baking soda and flour together. Add the sifted flour to the creamed mixture alternating with eggs, beating each egg one at a time. Add the vanilla and pour the mixture into a greased and floured 10- inch tube pan. Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes.

Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Ease of preparation: easy


Recipe courtesy Paula Deen


For more YUMMY recipes hop on over to ....

[Click here to find out more]




Love,




PS.. don't forget to register for my bloggy giveaway. For more information click HERE

7 comments:

Ashley said...

i love a good pound cake... with some butter on it... run through the toaster for a few minutes... for breakfast in the morning... with a good cup of hot coffee... enjoyed in the silence... Does such an animal exist anymore??

Beth E. said...

Yum...pound cakes are my favorite! And yes, it would be nice to live with Paula Deen, except for the fact that I would weigh about 500 pounds! ;o)

Jennifer said...

awww...that looks yummy!! I passed an award to you on my blog..check it out!!

Addicted to Beadz said...

Tonya,

Yes, I would love to eat at Paula Dean's, but would be very fat.

This recipe looks so good. Love pound cake. Well, love almost all sweets.

Love,
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

My tummy doesn't NEED tempting!
:o)
My problem is the wife of one of our members is taking a class from Ed. She's also taking a cake making class...and she brings samples for Ed every Tuesday now...and he brings them home! Oh my! She's definitely going to ace that class but my diet...well it's getting an F!

Daphine said...

Love pound cake. I've never made a homemade one though. This sounds very EASY! I do believe that I will print this and try it soon. Thanks!

elizabeth embracing life said...

Oh wow, just the line up of ingrediants has my mouth watering. I am going to attempt this one. When I have company coming, as I would pick at this cake until I look at it and wonder who ate it.