Thursday, October 2, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Today, I'm THANKFUL for friends and email!

Isn't it always a blessing to get "something" from a friend?? (I mean, I get ALL EXCITED over comments left on my blog or Brent's caringbridge site, email, and text messages.. It doesn't have to be anything BIG, just any little thing shows they care!) I ESPECIALLY like humorous things - we LOVE to laugh!! :o)

A sweet friend emailed me this.. I thought it was a hoot and thought I'd share. (It kinds reminds me of our house and we only have TWO little people here) HEHEHEHE...

I hope you like it too! =-)






An older, tired-looking dog wandered into my yard; I could tell from his collar and well-fed belly that he had a home and was well taken care of.

He calmly came over to me, I gave him a few pats on his head; he then followed me into my house, slowly walked down the hall, curled up in the corner and fell asleep.

An hour later, he went to the door, and I let him out.

The next day he was back, greeted me in my yard, walked inside and resumed his spot in the hall and again slept for about an hour.

This continued off and on for several weeks.

Curious I pinned a note to his collar: 'I would like to find out who the owner of this wonderful sweet dog is and ask if you are aware that almost every afternoon your dog comes to my house for a nap.'

The next day he arrived for his nap, with a different note pinned to his collar:

'He lives in a home with 6 children, 2 under the age of 3 - he's trying to catch up on his sleep. Can I come with him tomorrow?'


If you'd like to read more posts on this "Thankful Thursday" hop on over to Iris' and join the fun!





21 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks for making me smile, bless you.

Sarah said...

Ok, that made me laugh so hard! I love it. Thank you for giving me a smile.

I agree about the comments! I just love the feedback so much, and it has definitely dropped off quite a bit since Ellie died. But then again, my blogging dropped off quite a bit too... Oh well. :-)

I just posted some video of Ellie today. They were ones that I had never posted before.

I hope that you are doing well. I know you must miss your sweet boy every day...

Addicted to Beadz said...

Love it! Laughter is so important! We need more of it!

Blessings!

Cheryl

Beth E. said...

Such a cute post! I love it...

Yes, Bo knew that I had posted the pictures. He read the blog, shook his head, and rolled his eyes a little! lol He's used to me doing this kind of stuff, so no problem. Yep, boys DO keep their silliness as they grow older! My guys are all crazy...haha

Thanks for the good morning wishes! I do have a big weekend planned...I'll be posting on it later. I'm at work now. :o)

Be blessed..

Love you, too!

Susie said...

That is hilarious, and I can relate(only 3 kids though). I love emails and texts too! Have a blesed Thursday!

Sarah said...

Thanks for your sweet comment! It made my day. :-)

Melanie said...

You did it again this week, Tonya.... you made me laugh! :)

Happy Thankful Thursday, my friend!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Hey Tonya, Thanks for visiting my site for Thankful Thursday. I do hope you will join my Tempt My Tummy Tuesday carnival. It is fun and we love having lots of people joining in. Nice to meet you!

Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting said...

Laughter and friends are the best! Happy Thankful Thursday!

http://crazyadventuresinparenting.blogspot.com/2008/10/thankful-thursday-29-days-of-giving.html

He & Me + 3 said...

I am thankful for friends & forward emails too...well sometimes. LOL! cute post.

Kristen said...

What a funny story!! We don't have children (yet) but I can see how one would need a break from all the chaos! Thanks for the laugh!

Mike and Molly Spivey said...

Hey! I just found your blog - I love reading blogs and look forward to reading yours!

Molly Spivey (was molly phillips in mississippi)

Mylissa said...

girl you have to tell me where to find that follow me thing! I dont understand all this blogging stuff yet...love and miss you!

Shan said...

Thanks! Don't we all need a place like that to go to?

Jennifer said...

I've heard that before and I love it!! I bet there are a lot of dogs that think the same thing out there! (probably mine! lol)

kahlanne said...

Hi girl! I am finally figuring out a little about blogging. I do mean a little too. LOL. I love the dog post! I can relate too. LOL. Just wanted to tell you that I am trying to blog and I miss you but read almost daily.

elizabeth embracing life said...

Oh to be like that dog. Some days I would go right along, believe me. This was just so precious and sweet. Last spring we had a cat doing this. Visiting our backyard. I even made her a little bed, and fed her every single morning. I finally decided to send a note. The kitty came back with a collar and note, thanking us for taking care of her, and the money saved on kitty food. They had no kids, and this cat followed my boys around like a puppy.

Jennifer said...

Isn't that dog so sweet?!? The pics of Allie Grace are adorable! She's gotten so big! Tonya, your boys' are growing so much. I don't know if I mentioned the mud picture before but that is priceless!

Susan said...

Ahhh, now this was precious...

Man, where have I been these days, missing your posts???

eph2810 said...

That is such a cute story :) Yeah, we sometimes need some rest for all the hustle and bustle of life. Thank you so much for sharing this story with us - sure brought a smile to my face.

I am glad that you have joined us again for Thankful Thursdays.

Be blessed today and always...

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

Aren't comments the best...I love the story - made me laugh too!!