Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Taco Soup






Hi Friends!

I'm joining Lisa and Lana on this, "Tempt My Tummy Tuesday," and I'll be sharing a Paula Dean recipe that I found and am "copying" from online.. I hope you enjoy it!









Ingredients:

2 pounds ground beef
2 cups diced onions
2 (15 1/2-ounce) cans pinto beans
1 (15 1/2-ounce) can pink kidney beans
1 (15 1/4-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can tomatoes with chiles
2 (4 1/2-ounce) cans diced green chiles
1 (4.6-ounce) can black olives, drained and sliced, optional
1/2 cup green olives, sliced, optional
1 (1 1/4-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 (1-ounce) package ranch salad dressing mix




Corn chips, for serving
Sour cream, for garnish
Grated cheese, for garnish
Chopped green onions, for garnish
Pickled jalapenos, for garnish

Directions:
Brown the ground beef and onions in a large skillet; drain the excess fat, then transfer the browned beef and onions to a large slow cooker or a stockpot. Add the beans, corn, tomatoes, green chiles, black olives, green olives, taco seasoning, and ranch dressing mix, and cook in a slow cooker on low for 6 to 8 hours or simmer over low heat for about 1 hour in a pot on the stove. To serve, place a few corn chips in each bowl and ladle soup over them. Top with sour cream, cheese, green onions and jalapenos.


Yield: 12 to 16 servings Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 8 hours crock pot, 1 hour stock pot method Ease of preparation: Easy


For more yummy recipes check out Blessed With Grace!







On a different note... I want to wish my little man, Zach, a VERY HAPPY Birthday! We LOVE YOU SO VERY MUCH and are SO PROUD of the young man you've become. (Happy Big -11, Sweetie!)






You've gone from an beautiful baby boy, to a toddler, then...







Our WILD-N-CRAZY little boy.. and also......




Our bird-lover...




A compassionate little (and older) brother...



And now you're our little man.

We truly couldn't be more proud of you, Zach! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

29 comments:

Addicted to Beadz said...

Hey Tonya,

Paula Dean's recipe looks better than the one I have for Taco Soup.

Funny, I posted a "Paula Dean" Banana Pudding. I made it this weekend. Oh my, so good, but rich deluxe.

Have a great day!

Cheryl

Anonymous said...

I just thought I should let you know I am not blogging anymore, too time consuming and I need to devote that time elsewhere right now. However, I passed your information on to my friend and told her all about you, so you may be getting a call or e-mail from her. Thanks again for your kindness.

Kat

Felicity said...

Yup, that recipe made my soul sing. The Dutch Boy and I love anything with beans and chili. I'm trying to convince him that we need to move to America.. hehe.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Zach,,,I hope you have a amazing birthday.....Love the recipe....Love, Marci

Beth E. said...

Yummmmy! The Women's Aglow chapter in our town hosts a "Chowder Fest" every year as a fundraiser...it's really more of a soup supper. Anyway, we have about 25-30 crock pots with a big variety of soups, chili, chowders, etc. (Pay at the door, eat all the soup, salad, bread, and dessert you want!)I'm going to make this recipe in my big ole' crock pot and take it for everyone to try. I'm sure it will be a big hit!

And, yes, you are right about that particular passage of scripture regarding a wife asking her husband when she has a question. My problem is, when I ask, hubby Bill usually cracks up, laughs his head off at me, then tells everyone in church what I said! I don't TRY to be funny...it just kinda happens! :o)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ZACH!!! Just remember young man...no matter how old (or how TALL) you get, you (and your lil' bro) will always be your mama's BABY BOY. Eat a big piece of cake for me, okay? :-D

kahlanne said...

I was going to post Paula's banana pudding recipe myself but see a friend of yours did so I will come up with something else. I tried it this weekend too and it was delish! I can't wait to try the soup recipe.


Oh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO Zach!!!

Mylissa said...

hey sweetie!
I am forwarding your post to Mark...asking him if we have an image. the new shirts are GREAT! Big improvement over the old one.
Love you!

valerie said...

I love Paula Dean's recipes and love watching her show.

This recipe sounds so delicious! Just my kind of food....and it's only 8:30 a.m.!

Happy Birthday to you little man.

Have a great day~
Love,
Valerie

valerie said...

**meant to type "your little man."
:)
I really should proof read my comments before I click on publish.

Live.Love.Eat said...

Hi there! Came over from TMTT.

Happy Bday to your litte guy. I heard this recipe was great, someone forwarded it to me last week. It would go great with my recipe today, also by Paula Deen!!!

a said...

You can't beat a "Paula Dean"!! I will try this the next time I am home long enough to make it...

Happy Birthday to your young man!


Angela

Amydeanne said...

Hope Zack has a great bday!!!

and this looks yummy. which reminds me i need to make chili this week!

Tea with Tiffany said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your precious son!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Love me some Taco Soup. That is a good recipe. Can't go wrong with Paula Deen! Also, love the pictures of your son.

~Amy~ said...

I make my Taco Soup a little different but this one sounds way better. i will try it out.
Happy Birthday Zach.

Belinda said...

This recipe looks great. Hard to beat Paula in the kitchen. definitely a must try. Happy birthday to Zach!
have a good one!
Belinda

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Definitely good looking soup!! :D

Happy birthday to Zach! :D

Paula V said...

I've had and made Taco Soup before. My mom says she has a taco soup recipe that fits with Weight Watchers so that's good for those doing WW also. Who'da thunk something filling and yummy could be low points?

That pic of Zach with his two fingers sticking out just kills me. It looks more painful than if they were all shooved into the cast.
Love ya,
P

Ashley said...

the recipe looks and sounds so good, though i would have to leave out the olives! yuck!

tell zach happy birthday!!!!

Greg P. said...

Happy Birthday Zach!

I don't have to know you personally to know that you're a great kid! The pictures and your mom and dad's pride show it.

I love the name Zach! It's a very strong name. God bless ya, young man.

Shan said...

Mmmm, I am printing off that recipe! Thanks!!! I love the photos, what a beautiful thing to see them grow:)

Lana said...

YUM! I love Paula and this looks so good.

Susan said...

Wow, this looks good!!!

Happy Birthday Zach, gosh, what a precious child he is.

Those dreamy blue eyes, start praying HARD mom!!!

Kristen said...

I made that soup a couple weeks ago..LOVE IT!!
Happy B-day Zach!! I love those big blue eyes!

A Stone Gatherer said...

A big happy birthday to your boy!!! What did he do to his hand?

~ said...

Happy Birthday to your son...I know that you are so proud of him.

Faithful Froggers said...

Oh, Happy 11th Birthday, Zach! I can't believe he is 11 years old - I think he was only 7 or 8 when I first started following Brent's site! Time sure does go by fast. But Zach has grown into a wonderful young man - you should be one proud Momma! :)

And the recipe looks delicious! I love trying new things. I feel like I get stuck in a rut - making the same meals over and over again, so I always get excited to get a new recipe.

Daphine said...

I'll have to print this recipe and try it out. Thanks!

Happy Birthday to Zach. He is so darn cute....beautiful eyes! I am sure he's heard that before though.

He & Me + 3 said...

My kids all love tacos...I am so going to try this. YUM!